Anyone from one of the partnering organisations may apply for the personnel exchange. The activities undertaken during the placement must have some relevance to the themes of MaRINET2. For example, placements could take the form of the following:
- Training in various forms of testing (tank/field/electrical);
- Allowing non-WP4 participants to participate in / observe the round robin testing;
- Allowing other infrastructures to participate in / observe user access in other facilities (with the express agreement of the user group);
- Learning how to manage EU funded projects;
- Marine mammal observation or Environmental Impact Assessments at an offshore testing facility;
- Numerical modelling and its application to a device design process.
There will be two calls for applications per year and all placements must be completed before the end of the MaRINET2 project. The date for the second application deadline is February 28th 2020. Successful applicants will receive a travel and subsistence allowance* to cover expenses for the duration of the exchange. Those wishing to apply should consult the following criteria to see if they are eligible:
- The applicant must be employed by, or a PhD student in, one of the MaRINET2 partner organisations;
- The recommended placement duration is 1 week;
- Successful applicants must complete a report after the placement to highlight the skills learnt.
To apply for the MaRINET2 personnel exchange programme please complete the application form and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org before/on February 28th 2020.
*Maximum reimbursement available is €1000 and all expenses are required to meet the associated guidelines.